Wednesday 18 May 2016

Shoelaces

No one ever really thinks of shoelaces. When were they made? Who invented them? I thought this was a good piece to do on, as I know for sure not many people would know about them and especially me.  From what I have heard shoes laces haven been around since shoes were out. I suppose when you think about it, people wore leather and palm tree pieces around their feet and they obviously needed to be tied with string. From what I found shoes were invented by a man called Harvey Kennedy on the 27th March 1790, but this is incorrect as shoelaces came out centuries before this! Maybe Kennedy invented a type of a shoelace? Shoelaces also have a small bit of plastic type material at the end of it. This is called "aglet". I never knew this even had a name, but it carries out great functions.

Nowadays there are multiply different colours of shoelaces, you even can get luminous ones! But shoelaces aren't all in common with everyone. Smaller children in particular when they start wearing shoes properly will go for Velcro straps. Velcro straps are fasteners, consisting of two strips which close when pressed together and can be separated when pulled apart. Velcro straps aren't at all cool, epically now. Mainly young kids would wear them cause they are easy to take on and off rather than learning how to tie laces. But what's wrong with having straps at any age? I think its stupid the way people judge what you wear, especially in shoes within the past few years.

- colourful shoelaces
- Velcro straps




No comments:

Post a Comment